About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Stephanie Dlugopolski, Sr. PR & Social Media Manager at Johnsonville Sausage, joins the Social Pros Podcast to talk about their delicious social media strategy, the power of social listening, and so much more!
Social listening in a crisis
It wasn’t so long ago that social practitioners around the world had their content calendars planned out weeks, if not months in advance. Then, something that nobody could have predicted happened – a global pandemic landed right on our doorsteps and threw a wrench in our plans.
It sucks, but this is the current reality we all face. The truth is that the social content you may have needed pre-pandemic may not be the same content that you need going forward. Stephanie Dlugopolski, Sr. Public Relations and Social Media Manager at Johnsonville Sausage, has shifted the focus of her team’s content and leveraged the power of social listening to answer her customer’s most pressing questions during the COVID-19 crisis.
Stephanie shares how you can use data from social listening insights and leverage it with other parts of your organization. She challenges you to think about how you can reach your customers with the right message in the right places where they’re spending most of their time on social.
In This Episode:
• 04:10 – How Johnsonville Sausage’s social team are structured
• 06:19 – How Stephanie’s team strategizes seasonal content
• 07:52 – Why you should consider audience segmentation when it comes to your social media strategy across different platforms
• 11:38 – How to use and leverage user-generated content
• 13:58 – The power of social listening and using it to better understand your customers
• 18:40 – How Johnsonville Sausage’s publishing schedule and demand has shifted due to the pandemic
• 21:23 – Whether it’s time for brands to take on a larger societal role
• 24:49 – How sponsorships have helped Johnsonville Sausage build brand awareness
• 29:45 – How Stephanie’s background in journalism has aided her role in social
• 37:14 – What to consider when thinking about regional brand expansion
Quotes From This Episode:
“User generated content is a big part of our social strategy.”
Public relations don’t just refer to media relations. It means building those relations with different publics. Click To Tweet
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Grab Salesforce’s free e-book, ’50 Social Media Best Practices’
- Check out Johnsonville Sausage’s company website
- Follow Johnsonville Sausage on Facebook!