About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 600+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
Sponsored by: ICUC
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
How does Marvel connect with fans of all ages, hailing from every corner of the world, and speak to them in a way that truly resonates? Join us on this episode of Social Pros as we delve into Marvel’s incredible social strategy with their Executive Director of Social Media, Adri Cowan.
How Marvel Stays Unified Yet Adaptable on Social
Marvel is a global phenomenon that transcends generations, so how do their social media team create a unified strategy that speaks to their vastly diverse audience?
On this episode of Social Pros, we are joined by Adri Cowan, Executive Director of Social Media at Marvel Entertainment!
Adri shares an overview of her role, how she taps into fandom and loyalty and how her and her team keep their strategy unified yet adaptable.
Plus, she shares the ways in which user-generated content plays a part in her work, her measures for success and how she tackles burnout within her team.
In This Episode:
- 3:15 – What Adri’s role at Marvel involves
- 5:03 – How Adri became part of the Marvel team
- 7:31 – How Marvel adjusts its social strategies across the Marvel universe
- 9:52 – Building a unified social media strategy
- 12:23 – Strategies for building loyalty in the fan base
- 14:12 – How Marvel harnesses user-generated content
- 16:41 – How Adri helps her team tap into trending content
- 19:29 – Celebrating and measuring successes at Marvel
- 23:02 – The challenges of managing a fast-moving team without suffering burnout
- 25:41 – Adri’s top places for seeking inspiration
- 27:05 – The Marvel character Adri thinks would have the best social media presence in real life
- 29:14 – The final two questions and Adri’s tip for social pros
Quotes From This Episode:
Our goal is to keep reminding our fanbase why they love their favorite character, why they love comics and what excites them about this universe. We want to show them new and interesting ways to engage. Click To Tweet
“I love the idea of a continuous incremental improvement, failing fast and getting better and better at each iteration.” @adricowan
“The only way we can do this whole thing is by just trying, failing, trying, succeeding and pivoting until the platform dies.” @adricowan
- Schedule a consultation with ICUC
- Grab your free Social Media Audit Bundle
- Find out more about Content Marketing World
- Connect with Adri on LinkedIn
- Follow Adri on Twitter/X
- Follow Adri on Instagram