About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
To inquire to be or recommend a guest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Minter Dial, author of Heartificial Empathy, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss his new book and how AI helps businesses interact with more empathy.
Business Empathy Starts Within
At first mention, the term “business empathy” may sound like a contradiction to the average consumer. For example, a person seen as cold and calculating can also be described as “all business.”
Business does take a level of calculation and rationality, but what Minter Dial argues in his new book Heartificial Empathy is that businesses should work to operate with more empathy. He states that empathy is both the basis of understanding your customer as well as operating with great ethics.
Business empathy has to start from within by fostering empathetic relationships which you then be express and exemplify to customers. In the end, business is about people interacting with people, and empathy is the key to making those relationships successful.
In This Episode
- 08:23 – How empathy is an understanding that can lead to action.
- 10:40 – Why younger generations are becoming less empathic.
- 12:42 – Why companies should work to increase business empathy.
- 15:45 – Why good ethics require empathy.
- 16:47 – Why business empathy must start from within a company.
- 20:01 – How AI can help a business interact with greater empathy.
- 35:03 – How to find a balance between ego and empathy in business.
Quotes From This Episode
“Empathy is a word that will be on the mouths of C-suite executives in the future in a far more positive manner than it has been in the past.” — @mdial
Empathy is a precondition for great ethics. Click To Tweet
“You need to have an empathic culture within before you can use it with your customers on the outside.” — @mdial
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce here.
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners here.
- Chat with the revolutionary AI Mitsuku here.
- Buy Minter Dial’s book Heartificial Empathy here.
See you next week!