About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
It wasn't enough that Jay Baer wrote a book, has an amazing blog and does amazing work -- he now had to add podcasting to his arsenal. Break a leg!@NathanRKing
I started following Jay on Twitter about a year ago and have really appreciated the great content he has put out. This podcast goes above and beyond though, and really gets to the meat of what is going on in the social and digital media space. Keep up the good work @jaybaer!@phaskell
This show is so good that I can't stop listening to it. Learn how to use social media and ecommerce to grow your business.@jacpol74
Thank you so much for providing this not only interesting show, but also fun!@BrieGF
Minter Dial, author of Heartificial Empathy, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss his new book and how AI helps businesses interact with more empathy.
Please Support Our Sponsors:
Huge thanks to our amazing sponsors for helping us make this happen. Please support them; we couldn't do it without their help! This week:
Business Empathy Starts Within
At first mention, the term “business empathy” may sound like a contradiction to the average consumer. For example, a person seen as cold and calculating can also be described as “all business.”
Business does take a level of calculation and rationality, but what Minter Dial argues in his new book Heartificial Empathy is that businesses should work to operate with more empathy. He states that empathy is both the basis of understanding your customer as well as operating with great ethics.
Business empathy has to start from within by fostering empathetic relationships which you then be express and exemplify to customers. In the end, business is about people interacting with people, and empathy is the key to making those relationships successful.
In This Episode
- 08:23 – How empathy is an understanding that can lead to action.
- 10:40 – Why younger generations are becoming less empathic.
- 12:42 – Why companies should work to increase business empathy.
- 15:45 – Why good ethics require empathy.
- 16:47 – Why business empathy must start from within a company.
- 20:01 – How AI can help a business interact with greater empathy.
- 35:03 – How to find a balance between ego and empathy in business.
Quotes From This Episode
“Empathy is a word that will be on the mouths of C-suite executives in the future in a far more positive manner than it has been in the past.” — @mdial
Empathy is a precondition for great ethics. Click To Tweet
“You need to have an empathic culture within before you can use it with your customers on the outside.” — @mdial
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce here.
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners here.
- Chat with the revolutionary AI Mitsuku here.
- Buy Minter Dial’s book Heartificial Empathy here.
See you next week!