About Experience This!:
Welcome to Experience This! where you’ll find inspiring examples of customer experience, great stories of customer service, and tips on how to make your customers love you even more. Always upbeat and definitely entertaining, customer retention expert Joey Coleman and social media expert Dan Gingiss serve as your hosts for a weekly dose of positive customer experience. This show will help you attract and keep more customers so you can grow your business, increase your profits, and have more fun in the process. A fun collection of quick-hit segments filled with deep learning and takeaways, you don’t want to miss this audio experience!
Apple Podcast Reviews:
Love these characters! Joey and Dan break down the customer experience, uh, experience, in a fun way.by Brief is the New Black
Such a great pair! I have followed both of these guys online for a while and was stoked that they teamed up for a podcast. The podcast is super easy to listen to and provides a lot of insight that is actionable for my work. Excited for what is to come. Thanks Joey and Dan!marykmetcalf
Happy customers are what makes your world go round. Creating advocates through thoughtful AI, engagingly catchy music, and rewards programs will cultivate the repeat business that will keep your company alive for years to come.
Bite-Sized Delight From the Episode:
- Why successful automation means the right balance between AI and human engagement.
- Just because it’s required doesn’t mean it needs to be boring, un-engaging, or pathetic.
- The worst thing you can do is have a rewards program for loyal customers that is not actually rewarding.
- CX is trending towards less human interaction and more bot engagement, but you have to execute the transition properly.
CX PRESS – Why Marketers Are Betting on Bots [00:56 – 08:46]
Chatbots can be great for very basic engagements that replicate what happens on a website. #CX http://bit.ly/2gbnYKH Click To Tweet
You have to be really careful that a bot experience doesn't turn into an absolute customer experience disaster. #CX Click To Tweet
We, as humans, are always going to need some sort of human support. http://bit.ly/2gbnYKH Click To Tweet
- Bots can never 100% replace human help and, when it’s needed, that transition from AI to human needs to be seamless.
- Incorporating AI into your customer experience requires thoughtful planning of all the possible scenarios and where they can go wrong.
- A well-done AI can transform the customer experience into something remarkable. A poorly-done AI can make it a disaster.
REQUIRED REMARKABLE: “I’m on Hold” Music [08:46 – 14:10]
Who would think that hold music could be so compelling that you actually would want it to keep playing? #CX Click To Tweet
It's a pain point that all of us have experienced and instead they decided to make something interesting. #CX Click To Tweet
You can take your required elements and make them remarkable. #CX http://bit.ly/2gbnYKH Click To Tweet
- Why a different take on something we all dislike can turn it into a positive customer experience that people talk about.
- Find one element of your business that is required and breathe a little bit of life into it.
- Making the required become something remarkable will transform your brand into something memorable.
THIS JUST HAPPENED: Pizza Loyalty Card [14:10 – 25:43]
I want to support their effort, but man, do they make it difficult to be loyal. #CX http://bit.ly/2gbnYKH Click To Tweet
It's like I'm punished for being loyal. #CX http://bit.ly/2gbnYKH Click To Tweet
It doesn't work to have a loyalty program that is confusing to your employees. #CX http://bit.ly/2gbnYKH Click To Tweet
If you do these things that we love as a company, we will reward your loyalty with these benefits. #CX Click To Tweet
- Your employees are the first people that need to understand your loyalty program.
- The biggest CX mistake a business can make is to make something challenging for your most loyal customers.
- A loyalty program needs to be simple, friendly, and something that actually rewards the people that are responsible for keeping your company going.
Be a Part of the Show!
We’d love to hear about your great customer experiences, which segments you like, and your ideas for future episodes!
Are You Looking for Things We Referenced?
- Why Marketers Are Betting on Bots
- Dilbert: Customer Disloyalty Program
- Five Data Driven Tech Trends Shaping Customer Experience in 2017 and How Businesses Can Quickly Adapt
See you next week!