About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 600+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
Sponsored by: ICUC
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Jessica Jensen, Global Director of Marketing at Qualcomm, joins Social Pros to discuss how she leverages influencer marketing in the B2B world.
How to Leverage the Power of Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing is about more than finding a “celebrity” to post a selfie with your merchandise. If you want to leverage the power of influencer marketing to drive business, you need to carefully consider your approach.
During her time as the Global Director of Marketing at Qualcomm, Jessica Jensen has learned to take a methodical, procedural and creative approach to influencer marketing. But, above all else, she remembers to be human.
Whether you’re launching a new product or reaching out to an influencer you want to work with, you can’t be afraid to show your human side. Jessica reminds us that we’re in an era where the illusion of perfection is not okay. Your customers want to get to know the people ‘behind the mechanisms’ and this means you’ve got to work hard to build an authentic social presence.
In This Episode:
- 05:02 – How Jessica manages and deploys the digital marketing team at Qualcomm
- 08:36 – The power of identifying and leveraging social influencers in B2B
- 13:52 – The social strategy behind the Apple and Qualcomm legal battle
- 17:56 – How customer service works in a B2B market
- 19:54 – Why executives need to build their social presence on a more human level
- 26:19 – Jessica reveals her biggest challenges in marketing, PR and social in B2B
- 29:05 – An insight into how Qualcomm leverages video and live video on social
Quotes From This Episode:
“Humans still really matter and as we become more digital, they matter even more.” – @jessicakjensen
The voices of leaders and executives need to be heard on social. Click To Tweet
“You could be amazing. You just have to believe that what you have to say is valuable.” – @jessicakjensen
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce here.
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners here.
- Get your 14-day free trial with Pattern89 here.
- Listen to The Social Currency Podcast Show with Jess Jensen and Tuck Ross here.
- Check out the podcast, “Pivot with Kara Swisher and Scott Galloway” here.
- Read “The Four: The Hidden DNA of Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google” by Scott Galloway here.
What’s your one tip for becoming a social pro?
We’re in an era where perfect isn’t okay anymore. Yes, people want to know about your business and where they can buy your products, but they also want to know the people behind the mechanisms. So, you’ve got to be your whole self. Be human. That’s far more interesting.
If you could do a Skype call with any living person, who would it be?
Jessica would choose to have a video call with Scott Galloway, a clinical professor of marketing at NYU who is incredibly smart, very funny and a little snarky. But hey, at least he keeps things interesting!