About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 600+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
Sponsored by: ICUC
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Uzair Hasan, the Sr. Paid Media Manager at Edible Arrangements, joins the Social Pros Podcast to talk about how his scrappy social media team leads the way with innovative and creative ideas.
Sculpt a Scrappy Social Team
Believe it or not, there was a time when businesses doubted whether they actually needed a social media team at all. Nowadays, brands and organizations have realized that they don’t just need a presence on social, but that social media needs to be a key part of their marketing strategy.
The good news is that your company does not need a huge social team to make your brand known. Small social teams can have massive impact. Uzair Hasan, the Sr. Paid Media Manager at Edible Arrangements, has got evidence to prove it. He and his small social team have made history within the company, breaking sales records and expanding the company’s online presence.
Thanks to the team’s scrappy attitude, they have managed to leverage the true power of social and fuel brilliant results. Since it’s a relatively small team, being scrappy and wearing a lot of different hats has attributed to the team’s undeniable success.
In This Episode:
- 03:03 – What Edible Arrangements is and how the company works
- 04:34 – How the social media team works with marketing and communication colleagues to build a genuine relationship with the company’s audience
- 06:06 – How to advertise and market to Twitch consumers
- 13:20 – How being ‘scrappy’ has helped the social team come up with new and innovative ways to engage people
- 17:24 – How franchisees create their own social channels and how everything remains aligned
- 21:35 – How the social team educated and empowers the franchisees
- 23:45 – How Edible Arrangements and franchisees handle customer data
- 27:32 – How to measure conversations and engagement on social
- 30:40 – How Uzair’s team diversifies their marketing budget and strategy
- 33:12 – Uzair predicts how social media at Edible Arrangements will evolve
Quotes From This Episode:
We're a big brand of functions like a start-up. We all wear multiple hats and we have a very scrappy attitude Click To Tweet
“We need to be very guest centric…social media is where people start and end conversations”