About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Eric SanInocencio, the Associate Commissioner of Strategic Digital Media at ACC, joins the Social Pros Podcast to talk about the impact that COVID-19 has had on the sports industry and how the ACC continues to overcome uncertainty using social media.
Leverage Social Media to Overcome Uncertainty
2020 has been a strange year for everyone. Businesses closed, schools shut down, and it was like the world hit pause on everyday life for quite some time. One industry that has been significantly impacted by the global pandemic is the sports industry, with games canceled left, right, and center.
Eric SanInocencio, the Associate Commissioner of Strategic Digital Media at ACC, has learned to navigate the recent changes while leading social media for the Atlantic Coast Conference. The ACC oversees sports for 1,415 schools in the eastern part of the U.S., so you can imagine just how unique and complicated Eric’s role is as the Associate Commissioner of Strategic Digital Media at ACC.
Eric believes that “social media for sports events is the truest version of a sports bar that we have left,” and we couldn’t agree more. Social media allows people to jump into the conversation when they feel like it, which helps sports fans feel like part of a community again.
In This Episode:
- 05:24 – How ACC’s digital marketing team is structured
- 07:31 – What Eric’s role as the Associate Commissioner of Strategic Digital Media involves
- 09:31 – How the different schools get together virtually to discuss best practices
- 13:31 – How Eric’s team structures content creation and distribution across the team
- 15:57 – How to continue to have great collaboration within a remote environment
- 18:42 – How Joe prevents confusion and complications when monitoring and managing so many schools
- 22:58 – How ACC has dealt with the changing sports schedule since the COVID-19 outbreak
- 29:26 – How Joe turned the cancellation of the 2020 ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament and turned it into something positive
- 33:49 – Whether Joe uses paid social to promote the championships and gain exposure, etc.
- 41:01 – How to deal with negativity on social media
Quotes From This Episode:
“Social media for sports events is really like the truest version of a sports bar that we have left”
If you don't give people information, and there's a black hole there, they will fill it with whatever they want. Click To Tweet