About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Oracle, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email Leanna Pham at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
David Meerman Scott, Business Growth Strategist, discusses how brands can leverage social media to build a ‘Fanocracy’ for themselves.
Create Die-Hard Fans
In a world where word-of-mouth can make or break a brand’s success, creating die-hard fans might be the revolutionary growth strategy brands are searching for.
The legendary Business Growth Strategist, David Meerman Scott, believes that fans are the most powerful marketing force in the world. His new book, Fanocracy: Turning Fans into Customers and Customers into Fans, explores fandom culture and discloses how businesses can grow by cultivating their own ‘fanocracy.’
Mastering the art of selling to your customers is one thing. But, if you want to build a loyal fan base of passionate customers, you need to understand how to harness the power of fandom. This means you need to work on fostering meaningful connections with your customers and only then, will you be able to successfully create an indestructible fanocracy for your brand.
In This Episode:
- 04:38 – What a fanocracy is and why your brand needs one
- 07:47 – The importance of building human connections with your fandom
- 11:42 – What’s really going on in our brains when we develop true human connections
- 15:44 – How to leverage visual social media content to create strong emotional connections with people
- 18:40 – How to build fans for life – tips and insights from David’s new book, Fanocracy
- 32:22 – How to get team members involved in creating a fandom for your business
- 37:18 – How the fan movement has impacted PR and social
Quotes From This Episode:
“The more video and photographs you can use cropped as if you’re in the personal space of the people who are seeing that video or photograph, the truer emotional connections you’ll have with those people.” – @dmscott
If you're focused on the humanity of the people, you're much more likely to grow your business, you're much more likely to grow fans. Click To Tweet
“When you have people who work for you, who are passionate about what they do, and also who are passionate about life, it’s much more likely to attract people to be fans of your organization.” – @dmscott
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Download Salesforce’s FREE e-book – 50 Social Media Best Practices
- Read David’s new book, Fanocracy: Turning Fans into Customers and Customers into Fans
- Check out David’s book, New Rules of Marketing and PR
- Read David’s book, Newsjacking: How to Inject your Ideas into a Breaking News Story and Generate Tons of Media Coverage
David Meerman Scott
What’s your one tip for becoming a social pro?
This is fun! The more fun you have with it, the more successful you’ll be at it.
If you could do a Skype call with any living person, who would it be?
David would have a video call with none other than Miley Cyrus. He believes that she had a very interesting upbringing and being a huge live music fan, David can appreciate a good singer when he hears one. He would love to talk to her about her life, how she is able to transform herself and the narrative that the world has of her.