About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Duane Brown, Founder & Head of Strategy at Take Some Risk Incorporated, joins the Social Pros Podcast to talk about paid social, marketing agencies, and the future of social.
The Future of Paid Social
What does the future look like for paid social? Is there still a place for organic?
Duane Brown, Founder & Head of Strategy at Take Some Risk Incorporated, discusses his take on paid social.
In this episode of Social Pros, Duane describes his agency’s approach to social and how he deals with client requests and budgets. He also gives us some insight into how the pandemic affected things in social media across the board.
Duane shares his thoughts on experimenting and trying new things. He says it’s impossible to know what will or won’t work unless you try it. He describes some top mistakes people make with paid social and what his agency does to help clients understand paid advertising better.
In This Episode:
- 6:33 – Duane talks about his agency and the type of customers he works with
- 8:51 – The trends Duane has noticed in paid social across the pandemic
- 11:39 – The areas that Duane’s clients need the most help with
- 13:41 – How some clients focus on the big picture in social
- 15:11 – The best ways to shift clients’ mindsets
- 17:21 – The most overlooked opportunities clients miss in paid social
- 19:11 – The trends in how digital agencies work with their clients
- 22:12 – How to answer complex questions from clients
- 25:07 – Duane’s advice for other agencies
- 27:06 – Why agencies come to Duane for help and advice
- 29:01 – What Duane predicts the next year will look like after the pandemic
- 31:42 – Why there’s still room for organic in marketing
- 33:43 – Duane’s advice for TikTok advertising
- 35:55 – Which formats work better on paid TikTok and other platforms
- 37:53 – Duane’s top tip for becoming a social pro
- 38:40 – Who Duane would choose for a special video call
Quotes From This Episode:
You can't do just one PR campaign and then if it doesn't work, call it done. Things don't happen in isolation. You've got to do lots of campaigns to figure out what kind of PR works for you. Click To Tweet
“Facebook has made changes in the last year to their platform. And those ads that used to last a long time don’t now.” – @duanebrown
“It is a process and some things we do will fail. And that’s okay. If I knew what was going to work right away, I’d be a millionaire because I’d win the lottery.” – @duanebrown