About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire to be or recommend a guest, please email email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Mitch Jackson, a Senior and Partner at Jackson & Wilson, also known as “The Streaming Lawyer,” joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss the power of social media for professional services.
The Power of Social Media for Professional Services
Being a powerful story-teller in court can also help you become a powerful story-teller across social media. Yet, people in professional services are often wary of posting on social media. That might not come as a surprise, but sharing knowledge on a global platform can open you up to new clients and new opportunities.
That’s what my guest this week, Mitch Jackson, trial attorney and Senior Partner at Jackson & Wilson Inc, has done. Using his court room communication skills, he has taken social media by storm.
Tune in to find out how social media can be a game-changer for professionals. We talk to Mitch about his successful social strategy and how that has transformed his career. His social media presence even led him to becoming a best-selling author and a social media and live streaming consultant. And, he also gives us tips for other lawyers and professionals looking to build their online audience.
So, if you thought all lawyers were stuffy – then you won’t want to miss the truly inspirational social media force that is Mitch Jackson.
In This Episode:
- 08:33 – How Mitch moved from helping on a 1:1 basis to helping a global audience
- 10:57 – Ask your customers how they want to communicate with you
- 15:12 – How to communication is key to building your presence on social media
- 16:56 – How Mitch gets his content inspiration and grabs attention
- 19:37 – How professional service firms can harness social media
- 24:23 – Should you worry about the ROI on your social engagement?
- 27:09 – Top 3 tips on how to communicate and create relatable content
- 29:47 – Why consistency is so important to your content strategy
- 30:42 – How repurposing content can save you time and reach more people
- 34:08 – Regulations about social advertising by law firms
- 38:30 – How future lawyers can utilize social media to build their brand
- 40:43 – What’s next for Mitch Jackson?
Quotes From This Episode:
“Lawyers have been telling stories for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Telling a good emotional story is powerful stuff…but unless you can tell a story that motivates your audience, motivates my 12 jurors to take the intended action, it doesn’t matter.” – @mitchjackson
If you’re a professional, show your human side, be strategically transparent, tell good emotional stories, create and share content that’s unique to your interests, your passions, your why. Click To Tweet
“If you’re a professional or CEO, think about having that mindset where you want to give, give and give some more…it opens you up to a lot of new opportunities that you wouldn’t normally be exposed to.” – @mitchjackson
- Grab your copy of Salesforce’s “The State of the Connected Customers” Report
- Redeem a FREE $100 LinkedIn advertising credit to launch your first campaign with LinkedIn Marketing Solutions
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Read “The Ultimate Guide to Social Media For Business Owners, Professionals, and Entrepreneurs” by Mitch Jackson
- Check out Mitch’s blog – “Streaming Lawyer”
- Listen again to Amy Woods, Founder of Content 10x on “How to Repurpose Your Content on Social for Maximum Results”