About Experience This!:
Welcome to Experience This! where you’ll find inspiring examples of customer experience, great stories of customer service, and tips on how to make your customers love you even more. Always upbeat and definitely entertaining, customer retention expert Joey Coleman and social media expert Dan Gingiss serve as your hosts for a weekly dose of positive customer experience. This show will help you attract and keep more customers so you can grow your business, increase your profits, and have more fun in the process. A fun collection of quick-hit segments filled with deep learning and takeaways, you don’t want to miss this audio experience!
Apple Podcast Reviews:
Love these characters! Joey and Dan break down the customer experience, uh, experience, in a fun way.by Brief is the New Black
Such a great pair! I have followed both of these guys online for a while and was stoked that they teamed up for a podcast. The podcast is super easy to listen to and provides a lot of insight that is actionable for my work. Excited for what is to come. Thanks Joey and Dan!marykmetcalf
We follow Joey around for a great day of customer experience, including a visit to Bed Bath & Beyond that gave him new hope for the retail experience, a doctor’s visit that was actually fun, and a wonderful dinner with great presentation.
Bite-Sized Delight From the Episode:
- How Bed Bath & Beyond provided a great retail experience.
- A visit to the doctor’s office that was actually fun.
- Creating a storytelling-worthy experience, one piece of sashimi at a time.
- The relationship between the retail experience and the online experience.
THIS JUST HAPPENED: Elbows and Panorama Orthopedics [01:03-09:50]
Joey fell off the jetway again. Well, actually, he just banged his elbow rather hard, but when it became clear that it wasn’t getting better, he found himself in the Panorama Orthopedics and Spine Center in Golden, Colorado to see Dr. John Froelich. We look into what makes for a great customer experience at the doctor’s office.
Panorama Orthopedics fit me into the schedule immediately because I’m a former patient. #CX #loyalty Click To Tweet
All the information from my last visit was already in the tablet, so it made intake easy and paperless. #CX Click To Tweet
Take great notes, because ink fades slower than memory. #CX @thejoeycoleman Click To Tweet
Treat your return customers even better than your new customers. #CX Click To Tweet
- Treat your return customers even better than your new customers.
- Don’t ask the same question twice.
- Make personal and emotional connections with your customers.
THIS JUST HAPPENED: Bed Bath & Beyond [09:51-20:36]
That’s right—every segment of this episode is a This Just Happened because they all happened to Joey on the same day. After the X-ray, he went to Bed Bath & Beyond in search of a pillow sham to match one he already had. That’s when he met Karen, who showed him how the retail customer experience can be even better than online.
If you don’t do something differently than you did pre-Amazon, you’re going to be out of business. #CX @dgingiss Click To Tweet
Karen took the time to ask me, 'What else can I get you?' and she created a remarkable #CX. @thejoeycoleman Click To Tweet
In an era where people talk about retail being dead, the fact is, it doesn’t have to be. #CX @thejoeycoleman Click To Tweet
Let your customers know that you’re happy to see them. #CX Click To Tweet
- Every customer has a goal they’re trying to accomplish. If you can hold their hand and get it done, you create a happy customer experience.
- You can earn more goodwill by helping your customers find what they want, buy it, and leave.
- Let your customers know that you’re happy to see them.
THIS JUST HAPPENED: Mister Tuna [20:36-28:35]
It was already a pretty full day, but it ended on a high note when Joey got dinner with Neil Pasricha—a speaker, the author of books including The Book of Awesome and The Happiness Equation, and the host of the excellent 3 Books with Neil Pasricha podcast. They had a fantastic meal at Mister Tuna. Joey breaks down how the service, presentation, and product combined for a fantastic customer experience.
Sam, our waitress, described every dish we asked about in a way that left us salivating. #CX @thejoeycoleman Click To Tweet
Make sure your employees really know your products. #CX Click To Tweet
You need to create a storytelling-worthy experience—presentation matters. #CX Click To Tweet
- Make sure your employees really know your products.
- It’s not enough to just have great employees. You have to have great products and services.
- You need to create a storytelling-worthy experience—presentation matters.
CHECK OUT THIS NUMBER: 23% [28:36-32:30]
Dan and Joey find out that they both have the same favorite number (23), and Dan has a pretty amazing roulette story to share. Meanwhile, in the Customer Experience world, omnichannel shoppers are more loyal with 23% more repeat purchases than a single-channel shopper. This comes from OracleCX’s new ebook, 3 Ways Your Shoppers Have Changed, and How to Keep Up in a Digital Age.
Omnichannel shoppers are more loyal with 23% more repeat purchases than a single-channel shopper. #CX #brandloyalty Click To Tweet
The fact that Bed Bath & Beyond delivers a great #CX in-store makes me purchase online as well. @thejoeycoleman Click To Tweet
- Delivering a great customer experience online makes people more likely to make an in-store purchase, and vice versa.
- Put $5 on 23 for Dan.
Be a Part of the Show!
We’d love to hear about your great customer experiences, which segments you like, and your ideas for future episodes!
Are You Looking for Things We Referenced?
- Neil Pasricha’s Institute of Global Happiness
- 3 Ways Your Shoppers Have Changed, and How to Keep Up in a Digital Age by Oracle
- Smarter CX by Oracle
- Oracle CX Performance Assessment
See you next week!