About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 600+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest or show sponsor, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
AJ Wilcox, a LinkedIn Ads pro and Founder of B2Linked, a LinkedIn Ads-specific ad agency, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss how you can supercharge your next LinkedIn Ad campaign.
Don’t listen to LinkedIn!
LinkedIn Ads can get your business in front of the right people, but with so much ‘best practices for LinkedIn Ads’ swarming around the internet, what advice should you listen to and what should you ignore?
AJ Wilcox is a LinkedIn Ads pro and Founder of B2Linked, a LinkedIn Ads-specific ad agency. AJ is one of the most honest people in the industry and he knows exactly what you need to do to supercharge your LinkedIn Ads. His number one piece of advice? Don’t listen to LinkedIn! Their main goal is to make money and their carefully placed default suggestions will lead to unnecessarily high ad spend and not much return on investment.
So, if you shouldn’t listen to LinkedIn when it comes to building your ad campaign, who should you listen to? Well, you can start by listening to this episode of Social Pros. AJ shares lots of honest advice for building successful ad campaigns on LinkedIn and as someone who has managed some of the world’s largest LinkedIn Ads accounts worldwide, his advice is golden.
In This Episode:
- 06:31 – How LinkedIn Ads compares to other platforms in terms of optimization
- 09:41 – Whether LinkedIn’s cost-per-click is likely to increase or stabilize
- 10:43 – Why LinkedIn Live is gaining a lot of traction and engagement
- 12:52 – A closer look at the new ad formats and purchasing options
- 17:15 – How LinkedIn has evolved
- 18:58 – How to target LinkedIn Ads
- 22:51 – A few of the superior calls to action you can use in LinkedIn Ads
- 25:40 – Why you shouldn’t listen to LinkedIn when building your ad campaign
- 28:21 – Who is most likely to resonate and click on LinkedIn Ads
- 29:46 – How to use LinkedIn to help achieve your goals (get more views on a post, find a new career, etc.)
- 32:30 – What your starting budget should be when leveraging LinkedIn Ads
Quotes From This Episode:
“My definition for virality is more views on a post than you have followers.” – @wilcoxajI don't think we'll ever see LinkedIn go out of style. Click To Tweet
“The biggest mistake I see is people taking Linkedin’s advice when they build a LinkedIn Ads campaign.” – @wilcoxaj
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Download Salesforce’s e-book, ‘Einstein’s Guide to AI Use Cases’
- Listen to new episodes of the Standing Ovation podcast
- Visit B2Linked’s website
- Listen to The LinkedIn Ads Show podcast