About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
You Can’t Fake Authenticity
While technology and the way we communicate evolves at a rapid pace, there are some things that stay the same. Mainly, the importance of people skills. This is true for both people and businesses alike. Even the most well thought-out and perfectly executed social plan can fall flat if it loses sight of the essential humanity of its audience.
Dave has authored several best-selling books on the art of social. This body of work has now culminated in a book that addresses the very foundation of social, both online and off: people. Human beings manage social and human beings receive social. Yet somehow that human element can be forgotten amongst the plans, posts, and KPIs. Dave is here to bring us back to basics and get your social off the screen and into the heart of your customers.
In This Episode
- How being interested (as opposed to interesting) leads to a more memorable and authentic customer experience
- Why being happy doesn’t mean being right
- How studying people skills leads to learning a new art
- Why a single page business plan means more engaged and effective employee advocacy
- How two simple questions lead to a deeper relationship within minutes
Quotes From This Episode
“Really get to know your audience and be super interested in who they are as individuals. They are going to be interested in you because of the fact that you’re interested in them.” —@DaveKerpen
“You’ve got to meet unhappy customers where they are and put yourself in their shoes.” —@DaveKerpen
“There is an art and a science to both social media and people skills.” —@DaveKerpen
“If you don’t have a business plan that you can put on one sheet of paper, then there’s a problem.” —@DaveKerpen
“If you can give people the right awesomeness, you’re going to change their lives and help your bottom line.” —@DaveKerpen
- Dave Kerpen: on Twitter @DaveKerpen or ScheduleDave.com
- Likeable Local
- Likeable Media
- Dave’s new book: “The Art of People: 11 Simple People Skills that Will Get You Everything You Want”
- Dave’s other books: “Likeable Social Media” and “Likeable Business”
- Verne Harnish and his Entrepreneurs’ Organization
- One-Page Strategic Plan
- Social Media Marketing World
- Larry Benet
See you next week!