About Experience This!:
Welcome to Experience This! where you’ll find inspiring examples of customer experience, great stories of customer service, and tips on how to make your customers love you even more. Always upbeat and definitely entertaining, customer retention expert Joey Coleman and social media expert Dan Gingiss serve as your hosts for a weekly dose of positive customer experience. This show will help you attract and keep more customers so you can grow your business, increase your profits, and have more fun in the process. A fun collection of quick-hit segments filled with deep learning and takeaways, you don’t want to miss this audio experience!
Apple Podcast Reviews:
Love these characters! Joey and Dan break down the customer experience, uh, experience, in a fun way.by Brief is the New Black
Such a great pair! I have followed both of these guys online for a while and was stoked that they teamed up for a podcast. The podcast is super easy to listen to and provides a lot of insight that is actionable for my work. Excited for what is to come. Thanks Joey and Dan!marykmetcalf
Mandatory presentations are infamously dull. But in the right hands, it can be a customer experience opportunity. If you can make the required become remarkable, you will be positively seared in their memory forever!
Bite-Sized Delight From the Episode:
- When you make the required become remarkable, you actually achieve what it was that you were trying to do in the first place while being more memorable.
- To make the biggest impact on customer experience, start with the small stuff. And don’t forget their name!
- Cutting through spam can be as easy as a well-placed emoji.
REQUIRED REMARKABLE: Flight Safety Videos [00:58 – 08:21]
It's not where most people expect a remarkable experience, and yet Delta has delivered. #CX http://bit.ly/2k1bFlB Click To Tweet
If you add humor to the interaction, people are more likely to remember it. #CX http://bit.ly/2k1bFlB Click To Tweet
In your business, think about what's required and figure out a way to make it remarkable. #CX http://bit.ly/2k1bFlB Click To Tweet
- Just because you have to do something, doesn’t mean you have to make it boring.
- Adding a dose of humor can make any topic more remarkable and memorable!
- Finding a way to take required information, such as legalese, and turn it into an interesting piece of media makes it a solid piece of educational marketing material.
I LOVE IT/CAN’T STAND IT! – Airlines [08:21 – 23:40]
It's a tiny little thing that comes up on their screen, but it makes me feel good. #CX http://bit.ly/2k1bFlB Click To Tweet
The most pleasing sound to the human ear is the sound of your own name being spoken. #CX http://bit.ly/2k1bFlB Click To Tweet
It's the difference between me planing for a half an hour or an hour and a half. #CX http://bit.ly/2k1bFlB Click To Tweet
Note to companies, don't make your customers bend over. #CX http://bit.ly/2k1bFlB Click To Tweet
You're not being good stewards for your customers when you behave that way. #CX http://bit.ly/2k1bFlB Click To Tweet
- A truly impactful customer experience starts with their name.
- Empower the people that deal with the customers first to resolve the issue right out of the blocks.
- Sometimes the smallest things are the largest when it comes to crafting a truly remarkable customer experience.
CX PRESS: Emojis in Email Subject Lines [23:40 – 29:53]
Different countries and different cultures respond to Emojis in very different ways. #CX http://bit.ly/2k1bFlB Click To Tweet
At the end of the day, it's all human-to-human. #CX http://bit.ly/2k1bFlB Click To Tweet
That one email subject line that has an Emoji on it is going to catch your eye. #CX http://bit.ly/2k1bFlB Click To Tweet
- Emojis in subject lines can skyrocket your open rates… just make sure to check for different cultural interpretations first.
- In the end, it doesn’t matter if it’s B2B or B2C… it’s always humans talking to humans.
- We all get overloaded with email, and so much of it is spam. A cleverly dropped emoji can help your message stand out from the rest.
Be a Part of the Show!
We’d love to hear about your great customer experiences, which segments you like, and your ideas for future episodes!
Are You Looking for Things We Referenced?
- Delta Airlines Safety Video
- An Unexpected Briefing and The Most Epic Safety Video Ever Made from Air New Zealand
- Infographic: The Performance of Emojis in Email Subject Lines
See you next week!