About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Why Writing is Still the Key to Social Media Success
Amy Woods, CEO and Founder of Content 10x, is back on the Social Pros podcast to talk about the one thing that’s fundamental to almost any type of content – writing.
All Content Starts with the Written Word
Amy Woods, CEO and Founder of Content 10x, joins the Social Pros podcast for a second time to chat about why writing is still king when it comes to content creation. Whether you’re creating podcasts, videos, audiograms, or graphics – it all starts with the writing.
Amy shares some of her content repurposing expertise and a little look behind the curtain at how Content 10x creates awesome repurposed content for this very podcast as well as many others.
On the social side, Amy explains why a platform-specific social strategy is always best and why it’s so important to know each platform inside out to get the very best out of it.
Amy rounds off the episode with some tips for new podcasters and explains why it’s crucial for social pros to have a seat at the table when putting a content strategy together.
In This Episode:
- 4:43 – The current state of the content repurposing industry
- 7:10 – How to create the right content for the right platform and audience
- 11:01 – Consistency with publishing schedule vs. consistency with topic
- 12:49 – How to successfully approach topical content
- 14:36 – Amy discusses whether you need a consistent ‘face’ for your brand
- 17:04 – How Amy prioritizes the Content 10x teams
- 19:50 – The implications of the rising number of podcasts
- 22:18 – Is it better to be niche?
- 26:44 – Where social media practitioners should invest their time
- 32:46 – The consequences of not having a content strategy
- 35:08 – How to become a social pro
- 37:27 – Amy’s choice for a video call with any living person
Quotes From This Episode:
“When competing against bigger organizations, it's the personal brand that’s going to make way more of a difference.” Click To Tweet
“It’s all about us making sure that we’re always staying platform-specific. So I think it’s never a case of being able to just take one piece of content and then cut and paste it over to another. It’s a lot more about being really respectful of all the nuances of the different platforms.” @content10x
“The writing team is so critical to everything that we do. Because when we are repurposing video content or audio content, it always starts with the writing team.” @content10x