About Experience This!:
Welcome to Experience This! where you’ll find inspiring examples of customer experience, great stories of customer service, and tips on how to make your customers love you even more. Always upbeat and definitely entertaining, customer retention expert Joey Coleman and social media expert Dan Gingiss serve as your hosts for a weekly dose of positive customer experience. This show will help you attract and keep more customers so you can grow your business, increase your profits, and have more fun in the process. A fun collection of quick-hit segments filled with deep learning and takeaways, you don’t want to miss this audio experience!
Apple Podcast Reviews:
Love these characters! Joey and Dan break down the customer experience, uh, experience, in a fun way.by Brief is the New Black
Such a great pair! I have followed both of these guys online for a while and was stoked that they teamed up for a podcast. The podcast is super easy to listen to and provides a lot of insight that is actionable for my work. Excited for what is to come. Thanks Joey and Dan!marykmetcalf
The question you need to ask yourself to test your customer experience, the greatest hits of retail failures, and the highs and lows of the retail experience.
Bite-Sized Delight From the Episode:
- The one question you need to ask to test your customer experience.
- The wall of shame for the retail experience.
- The best and worst of shopping at retail stores.
- Retail trends for 2018 that you can’t afford to miss.
BOOK REPORT: Would You Do That to Your Mother? [01:06-17:17]
This week we dig into Jeanne Bliss’ book, Would You Do That to Your Mother?, to take a closer look at how this simple question can be a great test for your customer experience. We hear from Jeanne herself about how you can simplify your customer experience transformation and culture transformation by getting personal with how you think about them.
Let policy and the Golden Rule collide. #CX Click To Tweet
'Vail Resorts banned the three words to transform their customer experience: “our policy is.” #CX Click To Tweet
You don’t need to earn a profit on every single touchpoint or interaction with your customers. #CX Click To Tweet
Would you turn down your mom’s claim 3 days out of warranty? #CX Click To Tweet
- Give Would You Do That to Your Mother? a look because it’s a fantastic guide for how to test your customer experience.
- Share, trust each other, play nice in the sandbox, and treat others how you want to be treated— your mother’s advice still applies to how to behave in business.
THIS JUST HAPPENED: #retailfail [17:19-24:24]
We’re back on the Twitter train, but this time Joey’s along for the ride. We look at the greatest hits of #retailfail, which allows pretty much anyone to document something embarrassing by taking a picture and using the hashtag. We discuss how you can avoid ending up on the wall of shame.
Offline experiences can come online very very easily. #CX Click To Tweet
Signs really act as the face of the brand. #CX Click To Tweet
Every employee working the store should take the time to actually look at the displays. #CX Click To Tweet
- Have someone look at your displays who isn’t setting them up to test your customer experience before your customers do.
- All experiences can come online very easily.
- Focus on making so many remarkable experiences that are shared publicly that people will give you a break if you make a silly mistake.
LOVE IT / CAN’T STAND IT: Shopping at Retail Stores [24:27-34:07]
While we’re on the theme of retail, we give it the Love It / Can’t Stand It treatment. We talk about how valuable human interactions are in the experience, how layouts and displays can contribute to that, and go over the good, the bad, and the ugly. We also hear from our listeners via the handy-dandy SpeakPipe widget at the bottom of this page.
I couldn’t believe that a bookstore I was in refused to acknowledge that they compete with Amazon. #CX Click To Tweet
I get frustrated when it feels like a game of Where’s Waldo to find the price tag. #CX Click To Tweet
Stores today should have the technology to predict when there’s going to be long checkout lines. #CX Click To Tweet
- Your employees make the difference in the in-store customer experience.
- Lay out your store to help your customers, not play mind games with them.
CHECK OUT THIS NUMBER: 6 [34:09-36:06]
Don’t miss the “6 Hot Retail Trends in 2018” article on SmarterCX.com. The whole piece is worth a read, but the trends you should pay attention to are voice assistance, artificial intelligence, seamless customer journeys, payment processing, differentiated experiences, and augmented reality.
If you can pull off a seamless customer journey you will make some raving fans #CX Click To Tweet
- Get to SmarterCX.com to keep up on the latest trends and test your customer experience against them.
Be a Part of the Show!
We’d love to hear about your great customer experiences, which segments you like, and your ideas for future episodes!
Are You Looking for Things We Referenced?
- Would You Do That to Your Mother by Jeanne Bliss
- Make Mom Proud
- #retailfail on Twitter
- “6 Hot Retail Trends in 2018” on SmarterCX
- Smarter CX by Oracle
- The Oracle CX Assessment Tool
See you next week!