About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Oracle, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email Leanna Pham at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Paul Roetzer, the Founder and CEO of PR 20/20 and Marketing Artificial Intelligence Institute, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss the impact of AI on social media professionals.
It’s Time To Pay Attention To Artificial Intelligence
You can’t deny that artificial intelligence keeps getting smarter, faster, and more powerful by the day. As social media professionals, we’re starting to rely on AI more and more to assist and improve our marketing efforts.
However, there seems to be a dark cloud of fear and uncertainty surrounding AI for social media use. In fact, no other form of technology has received quite as much negative PR as AI and Paul Roetzer puts it down to the fact that very few people actually know and understand what AI is.
What many marketers fail to realize is that you interact with AI numerous times a day. We’re talking Netflix, Facebook and even your iPhone – all of them are powered by intelligent algorithms. But as a consumer, you don’t care. It makes your life more convenient and, according to Paul, that’s what will happen as our marketing tools continue to get smarter. It’ll simply make marketing easier for us.
So, is now the time we need to start paying attention to artificial intelligence? Or, as many of us fear, are the machines coming for our jobs? Tune in to find out!
In This Episode:
- 03:23 – Why we should start paying attention to marketing artificial intelligence
- 05:28 – Why AI gets a bad rep and the difference between AI and machine learning
- 11:00 – How AI can help you make better marketing predictions
- 15:27 – How social practitioners can understand AI quicker than their competitors
- 21:42 – Whether you should be concerned about robots taking over your job
- 24:51 – Who needs to become ‘AI Specialists’ in your in-house marketing department
Quotes From This Episode:
“You interact with AI hundreds of times a day. Netflix, Facebook & your iPhone are all powered by intelligent algorithms.” – @paulroetzer
AI is just like you would buy traditional marketing technology. You’re solving a problem or finding a better way to do something, it’s just smarter. Click To Tweet
“Machine learning does one thing. It makes predictions about future outcomes using historical data.” – @paulroetzer
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Learn more about how you can use Pattern 89 as your paid social utility belt
- Find out more about the Marketing Artificial Intelligence Institute
- Get your tickets to the Marketing Artificial Intelligence Conference
- Download The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to AI in Marketing for FREE right
- Use the free resource, “AI Score for Marketers”
- Check out “Automate This: How Algorithms Came to Rule Our World” by Christopher Steiner
- Read “Human + Machine” by Paul Daugherty and James Wilson
- Read “Prediction Machines: The Simple Economics of Artificial Intelligence”
- Take Andrew Ng’s FREE course, “AI For Everyone”