About The Business of Story Podcast:
Welcome to the Business of Story podcast, where the world’s best storytellers from business, Hollywood, and beyond teach you how to use stories to communicate and connect with your customers. While technology has given us all global reach with our messages, it’s still the ancient bewitchery of storytelling that connects us with one another. You will learn from some of the brightest content creators, advertising creatives, authors, professors, makers, marketers, and brand raconteurs in the business. Within every show you will learn at least one actionable tip that will make your stories more engaging, and help you advance your personal or professional quest further, faster.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
A lot of great information about story telling. It is hard to pick one episode, they are all good!Risingmaster
I recently came across Park Howell's excellent podcast. I love how he weaves in his personal stories with the interviews of his guests. If you are involved with sales or marketing for your business definitely check out this show.RivetingFM
Margaret Mark and Carol Pearson, Marketing Archetype Experts, join the Business of Story Podcast to talk about what archetypes are, why we all resonate so deeply with them, and how organizations can use them to add meaning to their brand stories.
Who Are You… Really?
Are you connected to your truest self? Is your brand presenting a clear and unified message? Do you realize how the outside world views you and your brand?
Do you know who you are… really?
Margaret Mark and Carol Pearson are Marketing Archetype Experts. Margaret comes from the marketing side, working with Young & Rubicam Advertising and Ogilvy & Mather. Carol enters through the academic side with a Ph.D and D. Min. as an internationally known authority on depth psychology and transformational leadership. They worked together to write, “The Hero and the Outlaw: Building Extraordinary Brands Through the Power of Archetypes,” a book that breaks down the vast power of archetypes into a simple system for brands to create clear and powerful messaging.
Margaret and Carol join the show to discuss the definition of an archetype and the 12 Jungian categories, why archetypes resonate so deeply in our psyche no matter where we are from, and how brands can use them to create greater meaning in their brand story. They also touch on identifying and embracing your personal and professional archetype for business growth.
In This Episode
- Why archetypes are rooted so deeply into all human beings
- How find and activate the right archetype for you and your brand
- How to elevate the meaning of your offering in the deep reaches of your customer’s mind
- Why it’s so important to be specific and pick one main archetype, especially for brands
- How to connect your brand to customers with the same main archetype
- How your archetype gets expressed through your personal and professional pursuits
- Why archetypal work resonates so deeply, and how science and history prove their power
Quotes From This Episode
“What we know is that we couldn’t have these patterns being so persistent in human history if they weren’t natural to the human psyche. They are embedded in this like a kind of internal software.” —@carolspearson
“The archetypes should be something that you live.” —@carolspearson
“The archetype is fundamental to the entire value proposition here.” —@archetype_mmark
“When you’re forced to recon with the essential truth of your product and your company and then answer that question, there’s a huge breakthrough.” —@archetype_mmark
“It’s a way to connect quite deeply in the psyche that is not manipulative at all. It’s connecting with the psyche in a way that anybody, anywhere, at any time can connect with you through the archetype that is in them and the archetype that is in your brand.”—@carolspearson
”Whether it’s a client or consumer, there is something that is recognizable and relatable almost immediately when the basis for the work is archetypal.” —@archetype_mmark
“You’ve got to start by wrestling with some really difficult questions and then arrive at sort of the broad essential truth in which you have room to navigate.” —@archetype_mmark
- 12 Primary Personality Archetypes Every Brand is Built Upon
- Margaret Mark
- Margaret Mark on Twitter, @archetype_mmark
- Carol Pearson
- Carol Pearson on Twitter, @carolspearson
- “The Hero and the Outlaw: Building Extraordinary Brands Through the Power of Archetypes” by Margaret Mark and Carol Pearson
- “Persephone Rising: Awakening the Heroine Within” by Carol Pearson
- SlideShare: 12 Primary Personality Archetypes Every Brand is Built Upon
- “The Hero’s Journey,” by Joseph Campbell
- “Your DIY Guide to Crafting and Telling Compelling Brand Stories that Sell,” by Park Howell