About Experience This!:
Welcome to Experience This! where you’ll find inspiring examples of customer experience, great stories of customer service, and tips on how to make your customers love you even more. Always upbeat and definitely entertaining, customer retention expert Joey Coleman and social media expert Dan Gingiss serve as your hosts for a weekly dose of positive customer experience. This show will help you attract and keep more customers so you can grow your business, increase your profits, and have more fun in the process. A fun collection of quick-hit segments filled with deep learning and takeaways, you don’t want to miss this audio experience!
Apple Podcast Reviews:
Love these characters! Joey and Dan break down the customer experience, uh, experience, in a fun way.by Brief is the New Black
Such a great pair! I have followed both of these guys online for a while and was stoked that they teamed up for a podcast. The podcast is super easy to listen to and provides a lot of insight that is actionable for my work. Excited for what is to come. Thanks Joey and Dan!marykmetcalf
How you can turn mistakes into customer experience opportunities, IKEA’s risky marketing move that pays off, and what we can learn from a great meal delivery service.
Bite-Sized Delight From the Episode:
- How the 404 error message can turn mistakes into customer experience opportunities.
- A great meal delivery service’s tricks for serving a great experience along with lunch.
- IKEA’s bold experiential ad campaign.
- The origins of CRM.
DISSECTING THE EXPERIENCE: Factor 75 [01:02-11:02]
Joey has finally pulled the trigger and become a subscriber to a meal delivery service. He went with Factor 75, which offers food that is keto, paleo, and dairy-free. We look at how this service has transformed lunch from something that was not a healthy choice into an easy, healthy choice, and what they’re doing right about making meal delivery into an experience.
The meals have taken something that was not a healthy choice and made it an easy healthy choice. #CX Click To Tweet
Their messaging and their packaging does a wonderful job of setting the tone. #CX Click To Tweet
Make it super easy to do business with you, especially for first-timers. #CX Click To Tweet
Sometimes you have to help your customers realize that they have a problem before you can help them solve it. #CX Click To Tweet
- Make it super easy to do business with you, especially for first-timers.
- Your directions can be even simpler than you think.
- Sometimes you have to help your customers realize that they have a problem before you can help them solve it.
THIS JUST HAPPENED: 404 Error Message [11:03-19:20]
Joey was reading an exciting article, but when he clicked a link to dive even deeper into the topic he was stopped in his tracks by the dreaded “404 Error: Not Found” message. We talk about how attention to the little things can make turn mistakes into customer experience opportunities.
When it comes to creating remarkable customer experiences it’s the little things that are worthy of our attention. #CX Click To Tweet
If you put something interesting on the 404 you can capture an email address when they were least expecting it. #CX Click To Tweet
Mistakes are only a bad thing if you let them be a bad thing. #CX Click To Tweet
- Don’t let mistakes like a 404 be a lost page, turn it into something unexpected.
- Get someone who finds a 404 back to your homepage, or a page that you know converts well.
- Have some fun with your messaging, even if it’s for mistakes like an error message.
- Go to your web person and ask about what your 404 Error Message looks like, and how often they hit that page.
CX PRESS: IKEA Ad [19:22-28:46]
This week we’re looking at an article by Tim Nudd, the title of which you’ll have to read after you follow the link. IKEA ran an ad in one of Sweden’s most influential magazines for women. The ad has an interactive element that goes above and beyond, and we discuss the implications.
We’re going to see more immersive advertising as we keep moving forward. #CX Click To Tweet
In every state, Chris had someone from each nonprofit sign his car and write an inspirational quote. #CX Click To Tweet
Experience is becoming part of everything. #CX Click To Tweet
Always be looking for ways to take something old and make it new again. #CX Click To Tweet
- Experience is becoming part of everything.
- Sometimes a message that will resonant with your target audience may alienate some other customers you serve, so make a calculated decision if you’re doing that.
- Always be looking for ways to take something old and make it new again.
CHECK OUT THIS NUMBER: 1986 [29:02-32:17]
1986 is the year that Pat Sullivan and Mike Muhney released a customer evaluation system called ACT. This marked the origins of digital CRM, and these systems have only grown since.
Tweetable Quotes1986 is the year that Pat Sullivan and Mike Muhney released ACT, the very first CRM. #CX Click To Tweet
- Make sure that you’re not working with something 20+ years old and upgrade your CRM to track what you need to track about your customers.
Be a Part of the Show!
We’d love to hear about your great customer experiences, which segments you like, and your ideas for future episodes!
Are You Looking for Things We Referenced?
- “404 Error Page Sales” by Neil Patel
- “Ikea Wants You to Pee on This Ad. If You’re Pregnant, It Will Give You a Discount on a Crib” by Tim Nudd
- Smarter CX by Oracle
See you next week!