About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 600+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
Sponsored by: ICUC
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Ryan Thompson, former Senior VP of Global Hospitality Marketing at Caesars Entertainment Corporation and now CMO at Blue Heron, joins Social Pros to discuss social strategy in the hospitality industry and why you should keep tabs on what your customers are saying on review sites.
Listen to your customers online!
The hospitality industry can use social media to strengthen relationships with existing customers, promote their hotels and attract new guests. However, many hotels haven’t grasped the concept of social as an effective marketing communication tool. And, while they’re busy catching up, companies like Caesars Entertainment use social to swarm its customers and boost their online presence.
Social is a window into your customers’ lives. So if you’re in the hospitality industry, you need to pay close attention to what your guests are saying about you online. 95% of travelers read online reviews before booking. Therefore, if you roam in the travel and hospitality space, you need a frontline social team to respond to reviews. And, this is true whether guests are singing your praises or not.
As our guest, Ryan Thompson, says, if you’re doing a good job of attracting the right people with your offering, your guests will help define the voice of your brand. However surprisingly, as Caesars Entertainment has proved, you don’t need an enormous team to surround your customers on social.
In This Episode:
- 06:44 – How to structure a frontline social team and maintain a range of tonality across all social channels
- 13:01 – Tips to help hospitality businesses improve reach and engagement
- 16:30 – Why hospitality businesses need to pay close attention to review sites
- 19:11 – How to work with social influencers and brand ambassadors
- 24:03 – How email marketing can assist your social strategies
- 29:16 – How to use geo-based marketing and long-term campaigns to attract customers
- 33:34 – How to approach budgeting in a multifaceted organization
Quotes From This Episode:
“We’re able to take learnings from review sites and common threads and apply those to the actual operation of the business.” – @RemedyRyan
We’ve been able to talk to our customers through the lens of our influencers. Click To Tweet
“When you want to bring something to life on property, you have to work across operations, have a really great relationship with them and convince them that it’s also going to better their business.” – @RemedyRyan
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Learn more about Airtable and get your free template
- Listen to this Social Pros Podcast episode featuring Carlos Garcia, CEO of HYP3R – “How Location-Based Social Chatter Unlocks Your Fans”
- Find out more about Caesars Entertainment